Wednesday 25 June 2014

Orange Creamscicle Cookies

When I think of orange creamscicle, I think of my mom.
She always purchased this orange creamscicle ice-cream in the summer.
It seemed to be the only flavour she would have in the freezer in the summer.
(we always have ice-cream year around).

Let me start by saying ...  It is Very important to read a recipe over.
1) To make sure you understand what is required for you to do (all the steps)
2) To make sure you have all the ingredients
3) To make sure you have read if there was any adjustments made.

Sometimes, when I come across a blog or a recipe, I skim through the words to get to the pictures             or the recipe.
Then I assume...
(never assume)

I have made these cookies now, three times.
It was because the 1st time, I screwed up.
(I used only orange extract and the result was an overpowering orange flavour.  Yuk.).
The 2nd time, I improved, except I forgot to take pictures.
The 3rd time was a charm.
That is how the saying goes, right?



The original recipe is from Averie Cooks



Orange Creamscicle Cookies

1/2 cup butter, room-temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly-packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tsp pure almond extract
1 tsp pure orange extract (Optional)
2 Tbsp cream (I used 35%)
2 Tbsp freshly-grated orange zest
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cornstarch
2 cups all-purpose flour
1  1/4 cups mini-white chocolate chips

*Beat together the butter and both sugars on high-speed until pale and light.
*Add the egg, all the extracts, cream and zest; and beat for approx. 3-minutes.
*Add the baking soda and cornstarch; and mix.
*Slowly add the flour; mix until all is incorporated.
Remember to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and continue to mix.
*Add the white chocolate chips and mix until they are evenly distributed.

**Wrap dough with Glad-Wrap and chill dough in the refrigerator for approx. 2-hours.
(I chilled the dough overnight).

*Preheat oven to 350F.
Line your baking sheet/pan with either Sil-Pat mat or parchment paper.  Set aside.
*Remove dough from fridge.
*Using a Tbsp-scoop, scoop out the dough and place onto the prepared baking sheet/pan.
(I made 40 cookies).
Press down slightly, using the bottom of a drinking glass.
*The cookies will slightly spread, therefore place cookies 1 1/2-inches apart.

**Bake for approx. 8 minutes or until the cookies look set.      Under bake them slightly.
**Please Do Not Over Bake. 
**Once you remove from the oven, leave the cookies on the baking sheet/pan for
1-minute Before removing and placing onto a wire-rack to cool.



***Please Note:   I always use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in the recipe.
You should do what you feel best.

Enjoy!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment