Thursday 13 March 2014

Triple Chocolate Oreo Cookies

I love chocolate.
Not too fond of chocolate cake, brownies or cookies.
Until...
You have tried these!

These are chocolaty.

These have a chocolate base, semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and OREOS!!!



Thanks to Bakergirl for this fabulous recipe.
*I did make some changes to it.
I did not have butter shortening therefore I used butter.
The original recipe states to use granulated sugar, I used brown sugar.

Now I am wishing I had brought some into work.
I can't stop dreaming of them.



Triple Chocolate Oreo Cookies

1 cup butter, room-temperature
1 cup brown sugar, firmly-packed
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
2  1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
15 Oreos, cut into quarters

*Preheat oven to 350F.
Line your baking sheet/pan with either a Sil-Pat mat or parchment paper.  Set aside.
*Using a paddle-attachment, beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
*Add the eggs, extract, cocoa powder and baking soda; mix until combined.
Remember to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl after each addition.
*On the slow-setting, slowly add the flour and mix until combined.
*Add the chocolate chips and Oreos and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
*Using either a Tbsp scoop or an ice-cream scoop (this is what I used), scoop out the dough and place onto the prepared baking sheets/pans.
*Space approx. 1-inch apart and flatten with your hand slightly.
They did not spread out much.
*Bake for approx 10-minutes (depending on the size scoop you used). 
You can under cook them slightly for a softer cookie or leave on baking sheet/pan for 1-minute for a crispier cookie.



***Please Note:   I always use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in the recipe.
You should do what you feel is best.

Enjoy!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment