Sunday 9 March 2014

Raspberry & Chocolate Cookie

I came across an amazing cookie recipe on Pinterest, only to find it no longer available.
Fail.
That is the second time in a month that has happened.
I know things happen in threes.
:(

So, now I go searching for similar looking recipes and come across two.
One contains raspberry jam  (this one) and another using frozen raspberries
(I'll be baking those next).

I am pretty excited to find out which one will have more of a raspberry feel to it.



Thanks to My Baker Lady for this very yummy recipe.

In this recipe, I used Pure Seedless Raspberry Jam and you did taste the raspberry.
However, I tasted more of the semi-sweet chocolate.
These were soft and pretty good. 
I would make these again.

I didn't do so well in the cutting part, (as you can tell) I have blobs of jam on my cookies.
*Notice how my cookies are more of a meatball shape?
That is because I used a bit more flour than I should have.
Next time around, I will go with my gut instinct and use 2-cups instead.



Raspberry & Chocolate Cookies

1/2 cup butter, room-temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 brown sugar, slightly-packed
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp pure almond extract
1/4 tsp cream of tarter
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
2  1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
** 4 Tbsp Pure Raspberry Jam

*Preheat oven 350F.
Line your baking sheets/pans with either  Sil-Pat mat or parchment paper.
*Beat together the butter and sugars together until pale and fluffy.
*Add the egg, egg yolk and extracts; beat again.
Remember to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl after each addition.
*Add the cream of tarter, baking soda, and baking powder; and mix.
*Add the flour (one-cup-at-a-time), and mix until everything is incorporated.
*Add the white chocolate chips and the semi-sweet chocolate chips, and mix until everything is evenly distributed.

*Remove 1/4 of the dough into a separate bowl and place 1-Tbsp of the Raspberry Jam on top of the dough.
*Using a knife, cut the jam into the dough (don't stir it in).

*Using a scoop size of your choice (I used the Tbsp scoop), scoop out the dough and place on your prepared baking sheet/pan.
*Bake for approx. 10-minutes (depending on your size of scoop that you used) or
until the edges of the cookies are golden-brown.
*Remove immediately and place onto a wire-rack to cool.

*To store:   Place into an air-tight container for up to a week.



***Please Note:   I always use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in the recipe.
You should do what you feel is best.

Enjoy!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment