Monday 10 March 2014

Lemon Mix Cookies

These are the easiest cookies you'll ever make.
Actually these were the 1st cookies I ever made.
I started baking not too long ago.
About seven years ago.

At first, all I made was cheesecake.
Every flavour.
I was known in the neighbourhood, as the Cheesecake Lady.

Then I discovered I made pretty much every flavour of cheesecake there is and
I moved onto Cookies!

I wanted to bake every kind of Cookie that there is.
Cookies are not like cheesecake.
There are cookies from different nationalities, cultures, fads and the list goes on.
There is no real end for a cookie.

I am setting out to try all the cookies I can bake.
I will bake some cakes, brownies, and other sweets.
My main goal?
Cookies.

I guess, I want to be known as the Cookie Queen.
Hence, the name...Regina Biscotti.
:)

Back to this simple lemon-flavoured cookie.
The cookie is moist.



Thank you to Lissa at All Recipes

These cookies can be made in 1-bowl, use the hand-mixer and use 5-ingredients!
Easy and on-hand ingredients.



Lemon Mix Cookies

1 box of Lemon Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp lemon extract
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar

*Preheat oven 350F.
Take out your baking sheet/pan.  Set aside.
No greasing, no need for any parchment paper or Sil-Pat mat to be used.
*Add the cake mix, eggs, oil, and extract to a large bowl and mix until everything is combined.
*Using either a Tbsp scoop (I used this) or any scoop of your choice, scoop out the dough
(dough will be sticky)
and roll into a ball.
*Roll dough/ball into the confectioners' sugar, making sure to cover the entire ball with the sugar.
*Place ball onto the baking sheet/pan.  Spacing 2-inches apart. 
(These cookies puff out and spread).
*Bake for approx. 10-minutes (depending on the size of scoop you used) or until the cookie is puffed out and look soft to the touch.
*Remove from oven, carefully remove from baking sheet/pan.
*Place onto a wire-rack to cool completely. 
(They will harden while cooling but still remain soft for you to eat.)



Enjoy!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment