Wednesday 1 January 2014

Two-Toned Chocolate Cookies

While everyone was celebrating last night, I was baking.
This is what makes me happy.
Well, that and listening to loud music, and my kids, and friends.
It is what matters, right?

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?
I do not.
I just try all year round to be a great person, healthy, and all I can be.
I hope this is the year my blog will take off.

Maybe, I'll make a New Year's Resolution, this year...
To believe in myself more.
To have more confidence.
Less doubt.

We all have stories.
I would like to hear yours.

Anyways, bake to baking.
These cookies are chocolately.  They look plain, but they are not!
You take a bite and you can't figure out which part of the cookie is better.

If you want them to  be a bit crisper, let them bake for a minute longer.

Thank you to Like Mother Like Daughter



I did change it a bit, in the beginning of baking I used the Chocolate dough to surround the
Chocolate-Chip dough. 
What I mean is, the Chocolate-Chip dough was the used in the center and the Chocolate dough was the outside.
Maybe the picture will explain it better.

Then I got lazy and just did it as the recipe stated it to do.
Which is merge the two-doughs.



Both are equally yummy.

What I really liked was I had equal amount of dough to make the cookies.
I made 50 cookies. 
I used the 1/2 Tbsp scoop. for each dough.  Once it was merged, it equalled to 1 Tbsp. of dough.

*Once both doughs are made, place dough in the fridge to harden.  (approx. 30-minutes).
Especially the Chocolate dough; and in-between batches.



Two-Toned Chocolate Cookies

Chocolate-Chip:  1/2 cup butter, room-temperature
                             1/2 cup granulated sugar
                             1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
                             1 large egg
                             1 tsp pure vanilla extract
                             1  1/4 cup all-purpose flour
                             1/2 tsp baking powder
                             1/2 tsp baking soda
                             3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate-chips

*Beat the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.  (approx. 4-minutes).
*Beat in egg and vanilla.
Remember to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
*Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda; and mix until combined.
*Add the chocolate chips; mix until all is evenly-distributed.

**Cover and refrigerate dough and start on Chocolate dough.

Chocolate:  1/2 cup butter, room-temperature
                   1/2 cup granulated sugar
                   1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
                   1 large egg
                   2 Tbsp milk (I used 2%)
                   1/2 cup cocoa powder
                   1  1/4 cup all-purpose flour
                   1/2 tsp baking powder
                   1/2 tsp baking soda
                   3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate-chips

*Beat the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. (approx. 4-minutes).
*Beat in egg and milk.
*Add the cocoa powder; and mix.
Remember to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
*Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda; and mix until combined.
*Add the chocolate chips; mix until all is evenly-distributed.

**Cover dough and refrigerate for approx. 30-minutes.

**I removed the Chocolate-Chip dough from the fridge 1st and I scooped out the dough
using the 1/2 Tbsp scoop.
*Rolled them into little balls and placed them on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper;
and placed them back into the fridge.

**I removed the Chocolate dough from the fridge and repeated the process.
Placing the dough back into the fridge for another 10-minutes.

*Preheat oven 350F.
Line a baking sheet/pan with either a Sil-Pat mat (I use this) or parchment paper.
Set aside.

*I removed the balls from the fridge and rolled the two-doughs together into a ball.
*Place the balls approx. 2-inches apart (they do spread).
*Bake for approx. 10-minutes or until the edges are golden.
*Carefully remove from baking sheet/pan and let cook on a wire-rack.



***Please Note:   I always use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in the recipe.
You should do what you feel is best.

Enjoy!
:)
                 


No comments:

Post a Comment