Thursday 30 January 2014

3-Layer Brownies

Actually what these should be called is the 3-Steps to Heaven Brownies.



I, personally am not a fan of brownies.
I LOVE chocolate.
Brownies, I am unsure.

EXCEPT for these.
I also LOVE Oreos.
Now that is the perfect cookie.
And these brownies have Oreos in them.
Making these brownies a match made in heaven.

I know I have told you before about cookies/cakes/ things that I have baked that people have
raved about or ask me to bake them again or they just loved.
I know, you might not believe me when I tell you, that IF you baked these; people will beg you to do it again.
Beg.

These are that good.

They are 3-Layers of goodness.
The bottom layer is Chocolate-Chip dough.
The middle is the Oreos.
The top is the Brownie part.

WARNING:  You Can Not Stop At One Bite.
Don't tell me I didn't warn you.

*I did have to double the Chocolate-Chip dough (the bottom part), but no one minded.
I used (2) 9 x 6 brownie pans.



What's Gabby Cooking  is where this recipe originated from.  Thank you.



3-Layer Brownies

Chocolate-Chip (bottom part):   1/2 cup butter, room-temperature
                                                 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
                                                 1/2 cup granulated sugar
                                                 1 large egg
                                                 1  1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
                                                 1  1/4 cup all-purpose flour
                                                 1/2 tsp baking powder
                                                 1/2 tsp baking soda
                                                 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate-chips

*Beat together the butter and the sugars; until light and fluffy.
*Mix in the egg and vanilla.
*Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda; and mix until all is incorporated.
(Remember to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl).
*Stir in the chocolate-chips; making sure they are evenly distributed.
*Set aside.

Oreos:  1 package (350 grams)
Either regular-stuff (I used these) or double-stuff.

Brownie (top part):   2/3 cup (10 Tbsp) butter, room-temperature
                                1 cup granulated sugar
                                3/4 cup cocoa powder
                                2 tsp pure vanilla extract
                                2 large eggs
                                1/2 cup all-purpose flour

*In a medium-saucepan, over medium-heat, melt the butter.
*Once the butter is melted, add the sugar and cocoa powder.  Stir all together.
*Remove from the heat and add vanilla and eggs.
(Stirring constantly until the eggs are incorporated).
*Add the flour.  Mix until everything is combined.
*Set aside.

Assemble:

*Preheat oven to 350F.
*Grease or butter (I did this) the sides and bottom of the brownie pans.
*Line the bottom of the brownie pan with the Chocolate-Chip dough.
(try to make sure it is even).
*Line the Oreos on top of the Chocolate-Chip dough.
(no need to overlap).
*Pour the Brownie dough on top of the Oreos.
(making sure they are even).
*Bake for approx. 30-minutes.
(test by using a knife to see if the brownies are done).
**Let the brownies rest in the pan for approx. 15-minutes.
**Once the brownies are cool, you may cut them.



***Please Note:   I always use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in the recipe.
You should do what you feel is best.

Enjoy!
:)




No comments:

Post a Comment