Wednesday 29 January 2014

Lemon Brownies

When I think of brownies, deep dark chocolate come to mind.
Not lemon.

My friend sent me a message with a link.
The message stated, what was in the link was what she wanted for Christmas.

I opened the link to find the recipe for Lemon Brownies.
And because she is my friend, I will oblige to what she says or wants.
Friends do that.

I made them, she shared and everyone raved.
I think it was because it was the dead of winter and to see something light and lemony and
it reminded us that spring was still so far away. 
:(

Anyhow, the brownies were a hit.
People begged me to make them again.
We'll see.
I have so many other cookie recipes I would like to try.

I had to double the recipe. 
I used (2) 6 x 8 brownie pans.
(The recipe below is with the measurements doubled).

I am glad I did because one pan didn't make it.
What do I mean?
When I was taking one pan out from the oven, I dropped it.
The whole brownie pan flipped over and fell on the floor.
I screamed!
Which everyone in the house came running, only to find me crying by the mess on the floor.
Now looking back, I guess it was pretty funny.
The adventures of Regina Biscotti continues.
Stayed tuned for more.

Anyway, the other pan, was the pan that my friend got and loved.
And you will too.



Thank you to Rita's Recipes



Lemon Brownies

1  1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1  1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter, room-temperature
4 large eggs
3 tsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp lemon juice

*Preheat oven to 350F.
Butter the bottom and sides of pan.  Set aside.
*In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
*Add the butter to the flour-mixture and mix to combine.  Set aside.
*In a medium-size bowl, mix together the eggs, zest and lemon juice.
*Add the egg-mixture to the flour-mixture; and mix until combined.
*Bake for approx. 15-18 minutes or until golden-brown edges.
(it rose slightly in the middle, for me).
*Let cool in the pan for approx. 10-minutes before removing to a wire-rack.
**Make sure brownies are cooled completely before glazing.

Lemon Glaze:   1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
                          1  1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
                          1 tsp lemon zest

*Stir all together.
*Drizzle on top of Lemon Brownies once they are cooled.



***Please Note:   I always use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in recipes.
You should do what you feel is best.

Enjoy!
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment