Thursday 12 December 2013

Earl Grey Cookies

I think now a days you can add any ingredient and it wouldn't matter as long as it tasted good.
I am pretty sure I have seen it all.

Therefore, when I saw this recipe, I thought ...
1) I should have thought of this and
2) The possibilities are endless.  There are so many different flavours of teas!

Simple cookies are sometimes the best tasting and
they become people's favourites FAST.

Shortbread, texture.
Fragrant.
Slight Earl Grey taste.

Funny, I had this cookie with coffee.

The recipe yielded 35 cookies.

Love cookies like this because I mix the ingredients in the morning after the kids go to school and
before I go to work, chill the dough in the fridge or freezer and I get to bake them at night after the kids are in bed.
That is my time.
Bake, listen to music and just relax.

Forget Those Calories  is where the recipe is from.

Earl Grey Cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tea bags (Four O'Clock Earl Grey Black Tea, Organic, Fairtrade)
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup butter, room temperature

*Whisk together the flour, tea, and sugar together until the tea is evenly distributed.
*Add the butter and vanilla extract with the flour mixture and mix until the dough comes together.
*Form the dough into logs (I had 2), and wrap in either plastic-wrap or wax paper (I do this) or
parchment paper.

*Freeze or refrigerate, the longer the better.  Minimum of 30 minutes.

*Preheat oven 350F.
Line the baking sheet/pan with either a Sil-Pat mat (I use this) or parchment paper.  Set aside.
*Break off pieces of dough to form a ball (size of a walnut shell) and slightly flatten
(I used the bottom of a water glass). 
Yes, the dough is kind of soft.
*Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are slightly-golden.  Don't over-bake.
*Let it rest on the baking sheet/pan for no more than a minute.
*Move to a wire-rack to cool completely.

***Please Note:   I always use salted butter and then omit the salt requested in the recipes.
You should do what you feel is best.

Enjoy!
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment