Tuesday 10 December 2013

Strawberry Coconut Cookies

I am so, very happy!
I just came back from a trip from NYC and yes, I went shopping.
I did purchased some goodies, which included the Strawberry Cake Mix from Duncan Hines which I can Not get here in Canada.  :(

I won't tell you how many boxes I purchased but I promised my family to use 2 of the boxes for cookie baking.
I found this recipe awhile back but because I was unable to find the Strawberry Cake Mix, I had to save it for later.
These were the cookies originally I wanted to bake for Valentine's Day potluck at work.

I love the pink colour, I love the taste of the strawberry and coconut and
I love that they taste similar to a shortbread.

The cookies were so good, I did not ice or glaze them. 
They were perfect.

*The recipe stated for me to use Coconut Oil.
I did not have this on hand, therefore I substitute the oil for the butter.

*The recipe stated to use eggs (2), I forgot to include them.  Oh, well.



This amazing recipe is from Picky Palate



Strawberry Coconut Cookies

1-box Strawberry Cake Mix (Duncan Hines)
*a little over 1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp artificial coconut extract
1/3 cup shredded coconut, sweetened

*Preheat oven 350F.
Line the baking sheet/pan with either a Sil-Pat mat (I use this) or with parchment paper.
*In a large bowl, mix everything all together (one-bowl) until all is incorporated.
*Using a 1-Tbsp scoop, scoop out the batter/dough into balls (do not flatten) and place onto the prepared baking sheet/pan; spacing 1  1/2-inches apart.  (they spread a bit).
*Bake for approx. 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly-golden.
*Let cookies rest on the baking sheet/pan before moving to a wire-rack to cool.



***Please Note:   I always use salted butter and then omit the salt requested in recipes.
You should do what you feel is best.

Enjoy!
:)






No comments:

Post a Comment