Tuesday 11 June 2013

Cranberry Cardamom Cookies

Our household loves cookies.
All kinds, including the different ones.
One of our many favourites is Oatmeal Cranberry cookie.
Not too sweet, and wholesome.

When I came across this cookie, I knew I had up-it!
This is an amazing combination.
What makes it so great?
The cardamom.
Hands down, this is a winner.
I don't think I can go back to making a plain Oatmeal Cranberry cookie again.

I thought it was awesome.
My family loved it.
My co-workers were ecstatic.
Now you know, you must bake this cookie.

*The original post came from
http://www.ovenadventures.com/2012/03/27/cranberry-white-chocolate-cardamom-cookies/
which originally came from:
http://www.blueeyedbakers.com/home/2012/3/1/white-chocolate-cranberry-cookies.html

Thank you to both of you.
:)

These are crispy on the outside.
Chewy on the inside.
The texture is just right.
mmmm......I wish I can have some right now with my tea.
You can taste the Cardamom in a good way. 

I made 38 cookies using a 1-Tbsp scoop.



Cranberry Cardamom Cookies

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, room-temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

*Preheat oven to 350F.
Line your cookie sheet/pan with either parchment paper or a Sil-Pat mat.  Set aside.
*In a large bowl, whisk together the dry-ingredients (flour, oats, cardamom, and baking soda) and
set aside.
*In another bowl, beat together the butter and both sugars and vanilla until creamy and fluffy.
Approx. 5-minutes.
*Add in your egg and beat again; approx. 1-minute.
Remember to scrape down the edges of the bowl.
*Place your mixer on the low-setting and slowly add the dry-ingredients to the wet-ingredients.
Mix until combined.
*Fold in your cranberries and white-chocolate-chips; until evenly distributed.
*Using a Tbsp or tsp scoop, (depending on the size of the cookie you want)
scoop out the dough into balls and place on prepared cookie sheet/pan.  2-inches-apart.
*Slightly flatten the cookie and bake for approx. 10-minutes or until golden-brown on the edges.
*Let cool on wire-racks.

*If there are any left, (mine are eaten the same day I bake them)
you may store in an air-tight-container for no more than a 2-3 days.



***Please Note:   I always use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in the recipes.
You should do what you feel is best.

Enjoy!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment