Wednesday 29 May 2013

Strawberry Mix Cookies

I know Valentine's Day is a LONG way off.
I was suppose to make these cookies then.
Not now.

I couldn't find the main ingredient.
Strawberry Cake Mix.
We have Every Other flavour.
NOT Strawberry.

Thank goodness for friends.
I made my friend pick it up when he went to New York.
:)

Because of the light pink colour, yes, they would make a great Valentine's Day cookie.
OR
a great summer cookie.
I omitted the vanilla extract requested in the recipe, therefore you can taste the strawberry flavour.
(I mainly omitted the vanilla because I had run out of pure vanilla extract).

Because of the cake mix, the cookies are soft.

Because of the chocolate-chips, the cookie is now sweet.

I did everything by hand.  It was that simple.  No need to take out the mixer for these cookies.
Just make sure you mix well.

The dough was Very Sticky!
I didn't mind, I think I spent more time eating the batter than making them into cookies.

These cookies smell amazing while baking!

Watch them carefully.  You don't want them to turn golden-brown.

*The original post is from...
http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/01/23/strawberry-chocolate-chip-cookies/



Strawberry Mix Cookies

1 box Strawberry Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker Super Moist.  15.25oz)
1 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
1 heaping cup chocolate-chips (Semi-Sweet)

*Preheat oven to 350F.
Line your baking sheets/pans with either parchment paper or with a Sil-Pat Mat.  Set aside.
*In a medium-bowl, whisk together the cake mix and the baking powder.  Set aside.
*In another medium-bowl, hand-beat the eggs.
*Add the oil and mix together.
*Now add the wet-ingredients to the dry-ingredients.  Mix well.
*Fold in the chocolate-chips.
*I used an ice-cream-scooper to scoop out the dough (you may use either a Tbsp or tsp scoop),
I wanted them to be big cookies.  (21 cookies).
Space them approx. 1 1/2-inches apart because they do spread.
*Bake for approx. 10-minutes (depending on your size).
Remember to watch them.  You do not want them to get golden.  They will be soft.  They will firm up while cooling on the baking sheets/pans.
*Let them sit on the baking sheets/pans for approx. 1-2 minutes.  The tops will come down.
*Transfer to a wire-rack to cool completely.

**May store in an air-tight container for up to 1-week.



:)


No comments:

Post a Comment