Wednesday 29 May 2013

Chocolate-Chip Whoopie-Pie Cookies

Let's talk Whoopies.

I LOVE baking Whoopies.
Why?
Because the presentation looks amazing and so is the taste!
The compliments I receive makes me feel like I have really did something wonderful.
I shouldn't take the credit.
The Whoopies should take the credit.

I strive to try all the flavours of Whoopies out there.
The list is endless.

What did I choose to bake?
Chocolate-Chip Whoopie.
Were they good? 
You know the answer to that question already.
Yes.

I wasn't too happy with the filling but others didn't complain.

The thing with Whoopies though, all that work and it yields 12 Whoopies.
I used a Tbsp scoop to scoop out the batter.
My Whoopies never come out perfectly shaped.
I am not complaining.
They were gone in a flash.
I got a bite.

Well, really, they weren't for me.
I made them for my friend and her family.
I am told they liked it.
They could have lied, but I don't think so.

Bake these and let me know.

The original post is from...
http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/144121/Mini-Toll-House-Whoopie-Pies/detail.aspx



Chocolate-Chip Whoopie-Pie Cookies

Cookie:   1  1/4 cups all-purpose flour
               1/4 tsp baking soda
               1/4 cup butter, softened
               1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
               1/2 cup milk
               1 large egg
               1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
               1/2 cup Mini-Chocolate-Chips (Semi-Sweet)

*Preheat oven to 350F.
Line the baking sheet/pan with either parchment paper or Sil-Pat Mat.  Set aside.
*In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.
*Beat together the butter and sugar on medium-speed until light and fluffy.
*Mix in milk, egg, and extract.
*Switching to low-speed add the flour mixture.  Mix together until all is incorporated.
*Add the chocolate chips.  Stir together.
*Using either a Tbsp or tsp scoop, scoop out the batter onto the prepared baking sheets/pans.
Space them 1-inch apart.
*Bake for approx. 12-minutes (depending on your size of cookie) or
until you touch the tops with your finger and it springs back.  Watch them.
*Let sit on baking sheet/pan for approx. 1-minute.
*Transfer to a wire-rack to cool.
Make sure cookies are cool before filling and assembling them.

Filling:   1 cup Mini-Chocolate-Chips (semi-sweet)
               1 cup Marshmallow Fluff (or Crème)
               2 Tbsps butter, softened

*To melt the chocolate-chips you can either melt via microwave or stove-top (I prefer this method).
Microwave:   Using a microwave safe bowl, place the chips uncovered, on High-for-30-seconds,
stop, stir, and continue to microwave every 10-seconds until melted.  Stir before starting the microwave again.  Let cool for 1-minute.
Stove-Top:   Using a small saucepan, place the chocolate-chips in the saucepan, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted.  Remove from heat and set aside.  Let cool for 1-minute.

*Add the Marshmallow Fluff and butter to the melted chocolate.
*Beat all together on medium-speed until smooth.

Assemble:   Either pipe or using a teaspoon spoon the filling onto a flat-side Whoopie.
                    Place another Whoopie on top (to sandwich) using the flat-side.
                    Repeat with the other cookies and fillings.

Storage:   In an air-tight container in the fridge for no more than 2-days.




***Please Note:   I always use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in recipes.
You should do what you feel is best.

Enjoy!
:)
              

No comments:

Post a Comment