Thursday 25 April 2013

Funfetti Banana Split Cookies

Have I told you I like to try 'different' cookies recipes?
My family, friends and co-workers can't wait to try the new creations that I bake.

They all tell me or ask me to bake a cookie with no butter.
Kind of hard to do.
Then....I came across...this...one!
This cookie is sure is different.
Tastes yummy too.
And it was a hit.
By all.

Yes, they were easy to bake.
Don't be surprised if people ask you to bake them again.
Sometimes the easiest things are the most appreciated.

These yielded 40 cookies and I used the Tablespoon scoop.
The appearance is summery.

I didn't really taste the banana flavour but the other flavours did come through.
I normally purchase name brand food items.  In this case, the store was out of the Jell-O flavoured banana pudding mix and I couldn't wait to bake these cookies; therefore I purchased the store-brand.
I am unsure if this was the reason why my banana flavour did not shine through.
I can only guess that, that was the reason.

This recipe was originally posted on,
http://www.tasteandtellblog.com/banana-split-cake-mix-cookies/



Funfetti Banana Split Cookies

1 box Funfetti Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1 box Instant Banana Pudding Mix
1/2 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1/2 semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup roughly chopped maraschino cherries

*Preheat oven to 350F.
*Beat together the cake mix, pudding mix, oil and eggs until all is incorporated.
*Stir in the chocolate chips and the cherries; until it is throughly mixed.  Don't over-mix.
*Using either a Tablespoon or teaspoon scoop out the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet/pan.
*Bake for approx. 10 minutes or until edges are slightly-golden.
*Transfer to a wire-rack to let cool.



Enjoy!
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment