Monday 18 February 2013

Potato-Chip Cookie

That's right, you read right, the post for today is Potato-Chip Cookie.
Why would I add potato-chips to my cookies?
The same reason why you would add pretzels or anything salty to a sweet recipe.
For the sweet and salty mix.
It does taste good.  Or at least in my opinion.
Again, you either like it or don't.
I hope you do.

The cookie's presentation looks awesome.
My co-workers were impressed by their appearance and couldn't wait to try them.
They too, liked them.
:)

My kids, not so much.  They liked the Chocolate-Potato-Chip cookie better.
Don't worry, that is coming up next.

Me?  I liked both.
:)

*I do recommend to purchase a sturdy potato-chip.
I used a 'cheap' brand before and it didn't work.  (different recipe too).
The chip fell apart, you couldn't taste it and it looked awful.

Original recipe and post.  This recipe I recommend!
 http://www.onecreativehousewife.com/2013/01/potato-chip-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

Check out her blog, she even tells you how to make your own vanilla extract!!
Something I might end up trying.



Potato-Chip Cookie

2  1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups Lays Wavy-- Original Potato-Chips (crushed) + more 'nice' potato-chips for placing on top of cookie (appearance).
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate-chips (regular size)

*Preheat oven to 350F.
Line your baking sheets/pans with either parchment paper or Sil-Pat mats.  (I use Sil-Pat).
*In a  medium-bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.
*In a large-bowl, beat together butter, sugars and vanilla.
*Add eggs, beat until incorporated.
*Slowly add the flour mixture; mix all together.
*Stir in the crushed potato-chips and chocolate-chips.
*Using an ice-cream scooper or a large Tablespoon, scoop out dough and place on prepared baking sheets/pans.
*Push down a 'nice-looking' potato-chip on top of the cookie.  Making sure not to break the chip.
*Bake for approx. 15-minutes (depending on the size of the cookie) or until golden-brown.
*Cool on wire-racks.




***Please Note:  I always use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in recipes.
You should do what you feel is best.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment