Wednesday 19 September 2012

Jenn's Famous Chocolate Chip cookie

Today is a Chocolate Chip cookie kind of day.
Now there is many different ways to make a Chocolate Chip cookie.  Some like them crispy
(more white sugar is used), some like them soft (more brown sugar is used) and some like them chewy
(I don't know).

Then we ask ourselves...semi-sweet chocolate? (yes, this is what I use).
Or how about milk chocolate?  (no, for me...too sweet).
Or white chocolate? (sometimes)

Then...there are add-ins.  What are add-ins?  Toffee bits, pretzels, butterscotch chips...or whatever you have on hand...then the Chocolate Chip cookie turns into a Compost cookie.
And that my friends, is other cookie all-together.  I will share the "Compost cookie" in another post,
another day.

Okay, I tend to ramble...sorry....back to the Chocolate Chip cookie.

 Unfortunately, the link that I wanted to place here to tell you where my Chocolate Chip recipe came from is no longer available.  It did come from Jennifer Valentyne from Breakfast Television, in Toronto.
I have had this recipe since 2008 and I have had many compliments!

That is why the name of the cookie is Jenn's Famous Chocolate Chip cookie.



**Listed below is the original recipe and in brackets, I will tell you of the changes I made to the recipe.

1 cup butter (I use Salted Butter)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract (make sure it is pure vanilla extract.  If you use artificial extract, you must use a bit more to get the same flavour as the pure.  This is why pure costs more).
2 eggs (I use large eggs)
2  1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt (I omitted)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chocolate-covered caramels (I am unable to find and I usually use Rolos or white chocolate chips).

*Preheat oven 325F
*In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together until smooth.
*Beat in vanilla and eggs-one-at-a-time.
*Combine the dry ingredients --- flour, baking soda and salt.
*Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
*Mix the chocolate chips and caramels.
*Drop by Tablespoons onto the cookie sheet(s).
*Bake at 8-10 minutes OR until the edges are golden.
*Remove from sheets and move to wire racks to cool.

Yield:  I am unsure because lots get eaten before I am able to store them away.



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment