Friday 21 September 2012

Strawberry Milk cookies

As a kid, I drank Nestle`s Chocolate Powder mix drink and occasionally I had the Strawberry version.
When I came across this recipe via Food Gawker (my favourite go-to-site for new recipes)
I had to try them.

First, they were pink! (great for Valentines.  My favourite day of the year!!)
They looked yummy!  And easy.

So, blaring my music...I proceeded in baking them.

*You can taste the Strawberry Quik Powder and see the pink in the dough.
Not so much when the product is done baking.

Picky Palate`s pictures are great. 
Mine, not so much.  I use my iphone 4 for pictures.  That is my camera for now.

http://picky-palate.com/2010/04/12/strawberry-milk-chipsters/




**I have changed the recipe a bit.

1 cup (2-sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup Strawberry Milk Powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
10-drops of Red food colouring
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
2  1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

*Preheat oven to 350  F.
*Beat the butter, strawberry milk and brown sugar until well combined. (Medium setting)
*Place eggs into a bowl and whisk in the food colouring.
*Pour into mixer along with vanilla and beat until combined, about 30 seconds.
*Place four, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix to combine.
*Then slowly add to wet ingredients.
*Mix in chocolate chips; mix on low until just combined.
*Scoop dough onto a Sil-Pat or parchment lined baking sheet about 1  1/2 inches apart.
*Bake for 9-11 minute or until edges just start to brown.
*Let cookies cool for 1-2 minute(s) before transferring to a cooling rack.

***Watch the cookies carefully.
I undercooked them, and then removed them from the oven.  But I let them stand on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.

Let me know how yours turns out.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment