Tuesday 17 February 2015

Kingsley's Breakfast Cookies

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Christmas!
Happy New Year!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Happy Family Day.

Well...it has been a long time since I last blogged.
So much has happened. so much time has passed.
I have thought about the blog I started once, long ago.
How by now I wanted it to look and be seen a certain way.
So many excuses.

I have baked endlessly.
Took lots of pictures.
Never forgetting about one of my dreams to have a fairly successful cookie/biscotti blog.

I am going to give it a try again.
Promises, promises.

Let's start off with a hearty breakfast-like cookie.
I think it is pretty healthy.
Let's start the blog, the day off right.
To new beginnings, okay?

This cookie has oats, whole wheat flour, coconut oil and a mixture of dried fruit.
The first time I made these cookies, I added the shredded coconut.
This time I did not, I added more of the dried fruit.
The mixture of dried fruit came from Made In Nature
The coconut oil I used was Nutiva
Also, the first time I made these cookies, I omitted the chocolate chips.
This time I slipped them in at the last minute.
Either way, the cookies are really good.

I have made them big (using a 1/4 cup scoop).
These were baked for my husband to take to work.
This way he can either have them in the early morning for breakfast or whenever.

I have adapted the recipe from The Wholesome Dish

Kingsley's Breakfast Cookies

1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly-packed
1/2 cup *Nutiva Coconut Oil, melted
1 egg, large
2 tsp pure vanilla extract or maple extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
1/4 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
3/4 cup *Made In Nature Organic Super Berry Dried Fruit

*Preheat oven 350F.
Line baking sheet/pan with parchment paper and set aside.
*Using a paddle-attachment. beat together the sugar, coconut oil, egg and vanilla for approx. 8-minutes on medium-high speed.
*Add the cinnamon. baking soda and flour, and mix for approx. 3-minutes.
*Add the rolled oats and shredded coconut (if using), chocolate chips (if using) and the dried fruit until everything is evenly distributed.
*Using either a 1-Tbsp scoop or 1/4 cup scoop, scoop out the dough onto the prepared baking sheet/pan.      
Spacing the cookies 1 1/2-inches apart.
Flatten slightly using the bottom of a glass or your palm of your hand.
*Depending on the size of scoop you use, bake accordingly.
If you use the 1-Tbsp scoop, bake for approx. 8-minutes.
If using the 1/4-cup scoop, bake for approx. 15-minutes.
Or until light-golden-brown.
*Remove baking sheet/pan from oven and let cookies rest for 1-2 minutes before removing to a wire-rack to cool.

Enjoy!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment