Thursday 31 July 2014

Yellow Plum Cake

I bake, take pictures, bake some more, take pictures and then....
After a very long time, I blog on what I have done.

My Instagram, is up-to-date.
Thanks to one of my daughters, who runs it for me.

This year has been a very tough year.
I don't think I will be blogging for the rest of the year.
A lot is going on and I can't manage my time properly.
I didn't think blogging would require all this work.

I also thought this would be the year that I would match all my posts with pictures.
I do have pictures for all these posts.

I wanted to give you a few more posts before I end it for the year.
Yes, they all have to do with plums.
Thanks to my plum tree in the backyard that produces more than enough plums than I know what to do with.
Yes, we give away lots of plums; there is only so much you can eat.



Audrey74  is where I found this recipe that had my family wanting more.
We ate ours with scoops of vanilla ice-cream.
This is so very easy to make.
I used my hand mixer and was done in less than 5-minutes. 
(not including pitting the plums).



Yellow Plum Cake

2 cups yellow plums, cut in quarters (enough to cover the bottom of the pan)
3 large eggs
1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup (125 grams) all-purpose flour

*Preheat oven 350F.
Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
Butter the bottom of the pan.  Set aside.
*Cover the bottom of the pan with the plums.
*Whisk the eggs together for 2-minutes.
*Add the sugar and vanilla and mix together.
*Slowly add the flour and mix again; until everything is incorporated.
The batter will be thick and it will appear that it won't be enough for the pan.
Don't worry, it will be enough.
*Pour the batter over the plums. 
*Using a spoon or spatula, spread the batter therefore you have a smooth top and everything is covered.
*Bake for approx. 50-60 minutes or until the center is done by inserting a skewer or knife into the cake.
*Remove from oven and let cool for approx. 15-minutes before
inverting cake to remove parchment paper and placing onto a plate to cool right-side up.



Enjoy!
:)






No comments:

Post a Comment