Monday 9 December 2013

Pear Bundt Cake

I love bakeries.
I love sweets (I am sure you have guessed this by now).
I love books and the library.
Actually, I love a lot of things.

So, when I went to the library I just had to pick up the book,
The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook  by: Allysa Torey & Jennifer Appel.

I found quite a few recipe that I would love to try.
I began with Pear Pecan Cake.

The first time I made it, I made it exactly and it failed.
It was too oily. 
I don't know, oil in cake?  1-cup + ??
I was very disappointed.

I had to try it again.
This time I substituted the oil for butter.

I did not use the glaze.
It was perfect.
And I loved it!!

Pear Bundt Cake

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup + 2 tsp butter, room-temperature + more for greasing the pan
3 large eggs, room-temperature
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
6 small pears (2-cups) peeled, and dice
1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts or slivered almonds)

*Preheat oven 350F.
Lightly butter a 10-inch bundt pan.
*In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and baking soda.  Set aside.
*Mix the butter, eggs, and extract for approx. 2-minutes.
*Slowly add the flour mixture into the butter mixture until everything is incorporated.
Make sure you scrape down the sides of the bowl and the bottom of the bowl.
*Stir in the diced pears and nuts.
*Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
*Bake for 65-70 minutes or insert a knife in the middle of the cake and it comes out clean.
*Leave the cake in the pan to cool for approx. 20-minutes.
*Remove cake from the pan and place on the wire-rack to cool completely.            

***Please Note:   I always use salted butter and then omit the salt requested in the recipe.
You should do what you feel is best.

Enjoy!
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment