Monday 13 May 2013

Vanilla Latte Cookies

I don't drink coffee.
Well...sometimes.
And when I do, I like it cold.
Not like an Ice-Cap that you find at Tim Horton's or Starbucks.
I like it cold, black (no sugar or milk)  coffee with ice.
On a hot summer day.

Nothing beats the smell of coffee brewing.

I do like cappuccinos. 
Served hot.
And, I love lattes.
So, when I came across this cookie, I had to try it.

A simple cookie.
Best eaten with a cup of coffee.
Or tea (I prefer tea.  Except Chamomile and Ginger Tea).

Similar to shortbread.
I didn't taste the 'latte' flavour.
I did taste the 'coffee' flavour.
I liked it.
My co-workers loved it.

http://zoomyummy.com/2012/02/01/vanilla-latte-cookies/

The cookies are taken from the blog above.

This recipe requires No eggs.
And because I was out of eggs, I didn't have to rush off to the store.
:)



Vanilla Latte Cookies

1 cup butter, room-temperature
2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1  1/2 Tbsp Instant Coffee Granules (I used Nescafe' Rich)
1  1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour

*Preheat oven to 350F.
Line your cookie sheets/pans with either parchment paper or using a Sil-Pat Mat.  (I use this).
*This is a One-Bowl recipe.  Which means you use one bowl to mix everything in the order that it states in the recipe.
*Beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
*Add the coffee, vanilla and cinnamon; mix until blended.
*Mix in the flour and beat until all is incorporated.  Don't over-mix.
*Use either a Tablespoon or teaspoon scoop to scoop out the batter (I used a Tbsp scoop) and roll into balls.  To flatten the cookie use the bottom of a drinking glass.
*Bake for approx. 8-10 minutes (depending on the size of your cookie) or until the edges of the cookie is golden-brown.
**Once the cookies have been removed from the oven, let them sit on the cookie sheet/pan for approx.  3-minutes.

**Using the Tablespoon scoop and not eating any until waaay after.
The cookie recipe yielded 33 cookies.


***Please Note:   I always use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in the recipe.
You should do what you feel is best.

:)







No comments:

Post a Comment