Tuesday 28 May 2013

Chocolate-Butterscotch Cookies

I wanted something sweet.
I wanted chocolate.
I had just finished baking some Chocolate-Chip Madeleines and Chocolate-Chip Whoopies.
BUT NOT for Me!

Life is sometimes unfair.

I wanted something quick.
I was feeling peckish and...well...you know...

Chocolate can sooth out almost anything.
Except the Visa bill when it comes at the end of the month.
Let's not discuss that.

Let us discuss this cookie!!
Chocolate?  Yes.
Sweet?  Yes.
(Thanks to the butterscotch chips).
Yum?  Yes.

Thanks to http://diethood.com/2013/02/11/chocolate-butterscotch-cookies/
This is where the recipe originally came from.
:)

These were 1st, very easy to bake.
*I did everything in one-bowl AND I mixed by hand.*
(Too lazy to pull out the mixer and do more dishes).

The cookies do spread; so when scooping them out, place them 2-inches apart on your
baking sheet or pan.
Because of them spreading, the cookies come out thin.  Just like their picture.

Using a Tbsp scoop to scoop out the dough, I had 24 medium-sized cookies.



Chocolate-Butterscotch Cookies

**1/2 cup all-purpose flour (I actually used a little under 1/2 cup flour)
(Original recipe stated to use 1/4 cup).
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 Tbsps butter, room temperature (I used Salted Butter)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup butterscotch chips

*Preheat oven to 350F.
Line your baking sheet/pan with either parchment paper or Sil-Pat Mat; set aside.
(I usually use Sil-Pat but this time I used parchment paper).
*Place the butter and the chocolate-chips in a small saucepan and heat over medium-heat; until
melted and smooth.  Set aside when done.
*In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla; until light and fluffy.
*Mix in the flour and the baking powder.
*Fold in the melted chocolate.
*Fold in the butterscotch chips until all is incorporated.
*Let it sit for 5-minutes.
*Using either a Tbsp or tsp scoop, scoop out the batter, leaving 2-inches apart.
(remember, they spread).
*Bake for approx. 10-12 minutes (depending on how big your scoop is) or until dry & cracked. 
*Cool on wired-racks.



***Please Note:   I always use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in recipes.
*In This Case, No Salt Was Requested.
You should do what you feel is best.






No comments:

Post a Comment