Wednesday 17 April 2013

Pistachio Cranberry Cookies

I went through a little pistachio craze.

It was March and I wanted to bake something green.
I did make Sugar Cookies but still to this day I have not decorated my St. Patrick's Day Sugar Cookies yet.  It was also a new sugar cookie recipe.  I think I like that recipe above all the rest.
We will discuss that at another post, another day.

I couldn't decide between this recipe and another recipe, I did both.
Everyone preferred this one.

This has a great colour, this is unique and it is verstitle.
Instead of the dried cranberry, you can use coconut, white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, dried cherries, you can tint a little more green.  (I kept it the original colour).
Or you could actually add some chopped pistachios to the mix.  That would give it some crunch.

These cookies yielded a LOT.  I used 1-Tbsp scooper to make them.

http://eclecticrecipes.com/cranberry-pistachio-pudding-cookies

Above is the website I got this recipe from.
Thank you.



Pistachio Cranberry Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1-pkg. Jell-O Instant Pistachio Pudding Mix
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1  1/2 cup dried cranberries

*Preheat oven to 350F. 
Line your baking sheet/pan with either parchment paper or (what I use is) Sil-Pat.
*Mix butter and sugar together for approx. 5-minutes.
*Add eggs until all is incorporated.
*Add pudding mix and mix until the colour shows through.
*Add the flour, baking soda, vanilla and cranberries.  Mix until all together.
*Using a Tbsp or tsp scoop (depending on how big you want your cookies), scoop the dough onto the prepared sheet/pan.
*Bake for approx. 10-minutes or until the edges are golden.
*Cool on cookie sheet/pan for approx. 3-minutes before transferring to a wire-rack to cool.



**Store them in an air-tight container.

***Please Note:   I always use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in recipes.
You should do what you feel is best.

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment