Monday 18 February 2013

Oreo Cupcake with Oreo Frosting

I am addicted to a lot of things, one of them being Pinterest.
I was on there one day and I noticed an Oreo cupcake with Oreo Frosting and I must say it looked delish!

It set my mind in motion. I wanted to try that!
And just to let you know...when I did bake it, it didn't look as good as it did in the original picture I found on Pinterest.
  But I don't want that to stop you from trying it. I know yours will turn out better.

Perhaps the real reason why it didn't turn out as well is that I didn't follow an exact recipe.
I went from memory from what the picture looked like.



Oreo Cupcakes

*I followed the recipe of the back of a vanilla cake mix box. (I used Betty Crocker cake mix),
*chopped approx. 10 Oreos and placed them in the batter.

Looking back this was not enough Oreos.
Or maybe my pieces were chopped too small.

* I lined my cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
*I placed one Oreo cookie (regular size) at the bottom of the cupcake liner and placed the cake mix batter on top; approx. 3/4's full.

*Baking Times: follow the back of the cake mix box.

*While my Oreo Cupcakes were cooling,
I used a vanilla buttercream recipe and added 15 Oreos (chopped in different sizes) and placed them in the frosting.
*Whipped it up all together and voila!



Oreo Frosting

1 cup butter, room temperature
3 cups confectioners' sugar, at 1-cup at a time.
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp milk (I use 2%)
15 Oreos, chopped in varies sizes

*Beat together butter and sugar on low-speed until all is blended and them beat on high-speed until creamy.
*Add the vanilla and milk, beat until blended.
(You might have to add a bit more milk. Until you find the right consistency for piping or spreading). *Add the Oreos, and blend until combined.
*Once you have frosted the cupcakes you may decorate by placing Oreos on top, if desired.

***Please Note: I always use Salted Butter in my recipes and then omit the salt requested in recipes. You should do what you feel is best.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment