Tuesday 1 January 2013

Eggnog Cookies

Happy New Year!!!
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year and may your dreams come true this year (and always).
I know this year I am hoping to achieve lots of things.  This will only happen through hard work, postive thinking and a little luck.
Just starting this blog is something.  I hope 2013 makes this blog really come to life.
:)

The only Christmas baking I did this year were these cookies.
They were a hit!  Easy to make, flavourful and I wish I could say impressive looking but my cookies never look as good as the ones in the pictures.  (the original blog it came from).

I have another Christmas / New Years' party to go to on the 6th of Jan. and I will be bringing in these cookies.  Yes, they are that good.

I found the recipe on...   http://theslowroasteditalian.blogspot.ca/2012/12/spiced-eggnog-cookies.html

She has a great blog, check her stuff out! 
I really have a long way to go to achieve a blog like that. 
I am the turtle, slow and steady.

Do you have a new year's resolution??  Mine is to think +
I think all is possible IF that happens. 

Anyways, give these cookies a try.  You won't be disappointed and what better way to use our favourite Christmas drink?  Our family LOVES eggnog!!!



Eggnog Cookies

2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup eggnog
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
4 egg yolks
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg + more for garnishing
3  1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon

*Preheat oven to 350F.
Line your baking sheet/pan with either parchment paper or Sil-Pat.  (I use Sil-Pat).
*In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon; and set aside.
*In another bowl, on medium-speed cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
*Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks.  Beat until it is a smooth.
*On low-speed add the flour mixture.  Mix until just combined.  (It will have a cake-like-batter).
*Using either a Tbsp or a tsp (I used a tsp) drop the batter onto the prepared baking sheet.
Please space apart approx. 2-inches. 
*Bake for approx. 10 minutes (depending on what size spoon you used, adjust your time) or
until the edges are slightly-golden-brown.
*Let rest on the baking sheet/pan for 2-minutes before removing to a wire-rack to cool.

Eggnog Drizzle:   1  1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
                             6 Tbsps eggnog
                             1 tsp pure vanilla extract

*In a medium-bowl whisk together all the ingredients until the consistency is smooth.
*Drizzle over the cookies.
*Sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg on top.



:)

***Please Note:   I use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in recipes.
You should do what you feel is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment