Tuesday 11 December 2012

Pecan Cookies

I needed a cookie, that was simple and good.  Different would be good too.  I like different.
I don't usually bake with nuts.  However, these cookies were for MY friends.
I love Martha Stewart recipes.  They are so flavourful.

http://www.marthastewart.com/342386/pecan-sandies

This cookie was almost like a shortbread.  Crisp.  Not too sweet, could taste the pecans.
Yes, even the guys liked them.  These were a hit.  :)
You will need to double the recipe because this recipe does not yield a lot (18 cookies).
That is what I will be doing the next time I make these.  And I will make these again!



Pecan Cookies

1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1  1/2 tsps pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped

*Preheat oven 350F.
*Line your cookie sheet/pan with either parchement paper or Sil-Pat (I use the Sil-Pat).
*In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
*Beat in vanilla.
*On low speed, gradually add flour; beating just until combined.
*Fold in pecans.
*Roll dough ino 1-inch balls, and place on baking sheet/pan.  Place 2-inches apart.
With a dampened bottom of a glass, lightly flatten each ball.
*Bake until cookies are golden brown, approx. 15 minutes.  (best to: rotate sheets halfway through baking).
*Transfer to wire-rack and let cool.

Enjoy!
:)

Please Note:  I always use Salted Butter in recipes and then omit the salt requested in recipes.
You should do what you feel is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment