Wednesday 10 October 2012

Honey Madeleines

This is one of the Madeleines I made for Thanksgiving's dessert.
I know what you are thinking...Madeleines for Thanksgiving dessert??
My husband's family is not much into desserts and sweets therefore I wanted something flavourful and presentable.  I got just that.
They raved over how beautiful the Madeleines looked and they loved the taste.
Especially the honey flavoured one.
They didn't know, I used the Madeleine molded pan for it (I guess they will now) so I can't take the credit for it.   :(

These yielded 12 Madeleines therefore the next time I make them I would need to either double or triple the recipe.  They are that good and they were the 1st out of the 3 that were gone.
(Orange-Cardamon, Honey and Cinnamon Madeleines).

I used a Martha Stewart recipe and I am glad that I did.  She explains everything so nicely.

http://www.marthastewart.com/342512/honey-madeleines



Honey Madeleines

1/4 cup (1/2 stick or 4 Tbsps) butter + more melted butter for molds
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (or you may use pure almond extract)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp light brown sugar, packed
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting

*Melt butter either using a small saucepan or on low in the microwave.
*Remove from heat, stir in honey and extract.
*Let stand at room-temperature.
*In small bowl, whisk together flour, and baking powder; set aside.
*In medium bowl, mix the eggs and sugars until combined.
*Add the cooled mixture, and continue to fold until combined.
*Cover the bowl and refridgerate for approx 30 minutes.
*Preheat oven 325F.
*Brush Madeleines molds with butter; set aside.
*Fill each mold 3/4 full, with either a zip-loc bag or pastry bag or spoon.
*Do Not Over Fill.
*Bake until puffed, 8-10 minutes or until madeleines spring back when touched.
*Remove from oven, unmold and let cool on a wire-rack.
(I unmold by using a fork to gently loosen by lifting up the edge of the madeleine)
*Once cool, dust with confectioners' sugar.  (I left mine plain.)

*** Please Note: I use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in the recipe.
You should do what you feel is best.

Enjoy!
:)


Please Note:   The Madeleines on the right are the Honey Madeleines and
                the Madeleines with the confectioners' sugar on them are the Cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment