Monday 9 December 2013

Oatmeal Pear Cookies

As you know, I have a LOT of pears hanging around.
Thanks to my mom's pear tree in her backyard.
And there are so many pears one can eat.

Me, being a cookie person, wanted to try to bake Pear Cookies.
My family wanted me to make the Pear Crumble again.

You can guess who won this round.

I found these a little bland.
I split the dough in half and because I did not have toffee bits, I used butterscotch chips.
They were okay.
With the other half of the dough, I used mini-semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Much better.
Either way, I did not taste the pear in the cookie.

*What I didn't do, and suggest to do is toast the rolled oats.
(for instructions on how to toast, see original blog--Tutti Dolci).
*I also did not use the drizzle and should have. 
It was getting late, and I was getting tired.
I skipped it and that perhaps, would have made the cookie.

*The recipe also states to use Cookie Butter. 
Cookie Butter spreads like peanut butter (it comes in a jar) and is sweet.
A substitute for this is butter.
For more information, please see below...
http://www.dailycal.org/2013/10/16/cookie-butter-is-the-new-nutella/

Well, I did get use up more pears.

http://tutti-dolci.com/2013/01/oatmeal-pear-cookies/

Oatmeal Pear Cookies

1 cup rolled oats
1  1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 butter, room-temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly-packed
1 egg, large
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup of diced pears (I used 5 medium-size pears), peeled.
1/3 cup butterscotch chips
1/3 cup mini-semi-sweet chocolate chips

*Preheat oven 350F.
Line either your baking sheet/pan with Sil-Pat mat (I use this) or parchment paper.
*In a large bowl, whisk together the rolled oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
Set aside.
*Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. (approx. 4-minutes).
*Beat in egg and vanilla extract until combined.
*With speed reduced, slowly add the flour mixture into the butter mixture. 
Mix only until incorporated.
*Using a rubber spatula, fold in the pears and chips.

**Chill dough in fridge for approx. 30-minutes.

*Using a Tbsp scoop, scoop out dough and place onto the prepared baking pan/sheet.
Since the cookies spread a bit, place 1  1/2-inches apart.
*Using the bottom of a glass, press down gently on the cookie.
*Bake for approx. 10-minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden.
*Let rest on the baking sheet/pan before removing to the wire-rack to cool completely.

:)





No comments:

Post a Comment