Wednesday 11 September 2013

Apple Bundt Cake--Take 2

Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving in October.
Monday, October 14, 2013 to be exact.
Our Thanksgiving desserts are pumpkin pie, strawberry & rhubarb pie, apple crumble and something new.
Usually a new cookie that happens to be my favourite for the moment.

But.
I think this will be what I'll be baking (as the something new).
The family loved it!
Not too sweet, dark and delicious.
The flavour of apple shines through.

I did not ice my cake.
I left it plain and served it with butterscotch ice-cream.
I had to limit them to 2-slices each.
I know, I have been told...I am mean.

I also omitted the walnuts.
I do think it would up the cake IF you did add them.

The best part of baking the cake?
It is one-bowl.
Yes, less clean up!
:)

*Original post is from...
http://www.kleinworthco.com/2013/09/apple-cake-crumble.html



Apple Bundt Cake

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups diced apples
1  1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
3 large eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1  1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

*Preheat to 350F.
Grease/butter the bundt pan very well.
*In a large bowl, add everything in order and mix until combined.
(IF adding nuts, 1-cup, mix the batter and then add the nuts and mix again).
*Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan.
Make sure it is not more than 3/4-full.  This way it doesn't overflow.
*Bake for approx. 45-minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
*Cool in the pan for approx. 10-minutes.
*Invert the pan and cool on a wire-rack.
**Serve with ice-cream, dust with confectioners' sugar or with whip-cream. 
Serve how you wish.



***Please Note:   I always use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in the recipe.
You should do what you feel is best.

:)




No comments:

Post a Comment