Tuesday 16 October 2012

Orange Creamsicle Whoopie Pie Cookies

Yup, I was bored.  I wanted to try something new.  What to do, what to do......
Well...let's bake.  Yes.  Bake what?  Googled whoopie cookies and this blog came up.

http://www.bakeaholicmama.com/2012/04/orange-creamsicle-whoopie-pies-3.html

4 ingredients to bake a Whoopie?
I had 2 out of the 4.  Drove to the store and came back to bake it.

Which is a good thing because shortly after I baked and assembled the Whoopies, I get a call from a friend, "I am bored, may I come over?" 
Yes, I just baked; come over and try them and give me your review.

Easy to make?  Yes.
Tastey?  They were okay.
If you need something fun and quick, this is it.



Orange Creamsicle Whoopie Pie Cookies

Cookie:  1-box vanilla cake mix
(I use either Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker, whatever I have on hand)
              1 tsp pure orange extract
              1 cup orange pop (in the US, you call it soda)

*In a bowl, mix cake mix, extract and soda.  (I did this by hand using a spoon).
*Drop 1 heaping Tbsp of batter onto a Sil-Pat or parchment paper onto a baking sheet/pan.
*Bake at 350F until fluffy and the cookie bounces back when gently touched (approx. 10 mins).
*Remove from cookie sheet and cool.

Filling:   1-container of Cool-Whip

*On the bottom of one cookie spoon 1-heaping Tbsp of Cool-Whip in the center.
*Top with another cookie, like a sandwich.

**Store in the refrigerator.

** I found they stuck onto my serving dish, gently remove.


:)

              
 

No comments:

Post a Comment